Project Name [Draft]
A Shelter by City Name
In February 2020, the City of ___ opened ___. The facility shelters 100 men and women in a large white tent, and 54 transitional-age youth (18-24) in bungalows.
- Launched in 2018 to shelter over 3k people, the Mayor’s A Bridge Home program is designed to be an alternative to encampments
Mission: Provide an alternative to encampments to help move people off the streets, through bridge housing facilities, and into long-term housing.
Owner: City-owned land
Previous Use: Paved parking lot
Use Arrangement: Master leased to operator via Emergency Housing Operations Agreement
Site Selection Criteria Considerations: N/A
|Upfront Development*||$5 million||$3 million from City, $2 million from Community Foundation Grant|
|Cost Per Bed*||$49k||154 beds in total|
|Operating Costs*||$4.53 million/year||HEAP funds via -(source):
|Cost Per Bed*||$29k/year||$__/bed/night|
- $3 million City funding sources: $2.8 million from Homeless Services Program Fund, etc.
- Program services funding provided by HEAP
Additional Funding Notes
- This year, as part of the State’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2019-20 Budget, the State set aside $650 million in one-time funding for the construction and expansion of emergency shelters and
navigation centers, rapid rehousing, permanent supportive housing, job programs, and for innovative projects like hotel/motel conversions. The Homeless Housing, Assistance, and
Prevention Program (HHAPP) will make available $275 million to large cities, with a significant portion going to Los Angeles.
- Prior state funds for emergency shelters were provided by the 2018-enacted HEAP funding allocations (link).
|Lead Deal Coordinator||City of ___|
|Shelter Vendor / Manufacturer||?|
- The design includes 100 beds within the membrane structure, 54 additional beds in youth trailers, a hygiene trailer, a youth hygiene trailer, 154 60-gallon storage containers, a free-standing shade structure, an administration trailer, and an exterior dining area. Other features include an outdoor pet area, bike racks, a smoking area and general open space.
|Agreement||3-year lease between ___ and ____.|
|Services Provided||Manage and operate the site 24/7 with experienced staff and security personnel. Case management, mental health and substance abuse oversight.|
- Sublease Authorization:
- City Council Approval: