Building The Innovation Ecosystem
Mission: Increase open collaboration in the housing and community development ecosystem.
Problem: The housing industry is fragmented and vast, making it difficult for stakeholders to understand roles within the industry for incumbent organizations and new entrants.
Solution: Build an online, sortable directory of every organization involved in the process of creating in new unit of housing, with a initial focus on the organizational network of the greater Los Angeles region.
- Early 2019– Business development and initial industry landscape research initiated
- December 2019 – First draft of the directory uploaded
- March 2020 – Over 100 organizations included
- Double the number of new partnerships made between organizations working in the housing industry
- 200 active participating organizations
- 2x rate of implementation for new housing innovations