Last Update: May 5th, 2020
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual user or his/her device. Personal information does not include information that is publicly available.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Depending on how you use our Website, we may collect different types of personal information from you, including: (a) Information we obtain directly from you when you provide it to us; (b) Information (about you or your device) as you use our Website; or (iii) Information we collect from third-parties. Depending on how you use our Website, this information may include:
- Identifiers like your real name, a username, an alias, your postal address, an online identifier, your IP address, an email address, or a government issued identifier;
- Sensitive Personal Information like your name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
- Protected Class characteristics which are protected under California or Federal Law;
- Commercial Information like the products or services obtained, your employment status, records of payments, etc.;
- Biometric Information;
- Internet Activity Information like your browsing history, search history, and your interactions with our website, apps, platforms, or online services or advertisement;
- Geolocation Data;
- Sensory Information;
- Professional or Employment-related Information;
- Education Information, as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99);
- Inferences we make about you that are drawn from any other Personal Information and used to create a profile about you or your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, dispositions, behaviors, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
- Information You Provide To Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide to make User Contributions (as that term is defined below) to our Website;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms connected to your use of our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- You also may provide information including Submitted Materials to be published, displayed, or showcased (hereinafter, “posted“) publically on public areas of the Website or applications, or transmitted to other users of our Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“).
Your User Contributions are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of our Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. When you post User Contributions on publically accessible or non-private portions of our Website, applications, or platforms, we will consider that a direction by you to intentionally disclose personal information to third parties, or that you have used our Website to intentionally interact with a third-party. Unless HICo explicitly states otherwise in writing, User Contributions are intended for public showcasing, and any and all submissions made by you, to include Submitted Materials, are submitted with your consent to that understanding.
Information we collect automatically
When using our Website, we may automatically collect information about you or your device. We may do this ourselves or with the assistance of third parties. This information relates to the way you interact with our Website. We may collect this information through various technologies including cookies, and web beacons.
How We Use Your Information
We may use, disclose, or share your information, including any personal information with third parties for the following business purposes.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information in connection with Submitted Materials or User Contributions on our Website, we and any other user of our Website can access and use that personal information to respond to and/or fulfill your inquiry or request.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience on our Website and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by HICo about our users is among the assets transferred.
Your Choices Regarding Our Use of Your Information
Where and when applicable, your account provides you with access to much of your information and you can review and change your information by logging into your account. You should not change any information that would affect our contractual relationship with you.
Where applicable, you can delete your User Contributions by emailing us at email@example.com. If you delete your User Contributions, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. If you have other questions about our uses of your information, please contact us.
In addition, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You may opt-out of any commercial emails sent by us by unsubscribing from them in the link provided in the email.
You can use your web browser to directly block all cookies, or just third-party cookies, through your browser settings. Using your browser settings to block all cookies, including strictly necessary ones, may interfere with proper site operation. Guidance on how to control cookies in popular browsers is contained here:
You can also find additional information on cookie controls and advertisement here:
- Network Advertising Initiative
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
Google allows users to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting services. You can adjust your settings here, or download the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our online services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 1901 Avenue of the Stars #395, Los Angeles, CA 90067.
We have implemented technical and operational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. You are required to take reasonable steps to protect your own personal information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The transmission of information via the internet is never fully secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
1901 Avenue of the Stars #395, Los Angeles, CA 90067.