Last Update: May 5th, 2020
Use the Website at your own risk. This Website is provided to you “as-is”, without warranty of any kind either express or implied. Neither HICo nor its employees, agents, affiliates, third-party information providers, merchants, licensors, or the like warrant that the Website or its operation will be accurate, reliable, uninterrupted, or error-free. No agent, affiliate or representative has the authority to create any warranty regarding the Website on behalf of HICo. HICo reserves the right to change or discontinue at any time any aspect or feature of the Website.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Eligibility and Scope of Agreement
Exclusion of Liability
The content of the pages of this Website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This Website allows you to upload housing related information, and may allow you to submit comments and other information and/or materials through interactive features (all such documents, information, comments, and materials are “Submitted Materials”). If you chose to provide Submitted Materials, you represent and warrant you are 13 years of age or older. You also represent and warrant to use your best efforts in the rendering of Submitted Materials, make good faith submissions, and to submit honest and good work. You are solely responsible for the content and the accuracy of the information you submit to the Website, including any changes to any outdated information. It is a condition of your use of the Website that any information you provide on the Website is correct, current and complete. You retain ownership of all materials, but you hereby grant HICo a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sublicensable right, without additional consideration to you or any third party, to reproduce, distribute, perform and display, create derivative works of, adapt, modify, and otherwise use and exploit such Submitted Materials, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose whatsoever.
HICo makes no representation whatsoever regarding (a) the quality or the merits, the safety or validity of any Submitted Materials displayed and/or accessible on or through the Website; (b) people submitting materials to the site; (c) contractual binding to any proposed concept rendering, price, availability; (c) purposes of the Submitted Materials beyond being for showcasing purposes only via the Website; (d) your ability to receive any solicitation through the Website. You must use your own judgment in evaluating any prospective employment, offers, solicitations, and any third party materials as a result of your use of the Website. HICo is neither your employer nor your agent based solely on your usage of the Website.
Proprietary Rights and Limited License
- To access parts of the Website to which you are not authorized;
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international laws, rules, orders, ordinances, requirements, codes, executive orders, statutes or regulations of any governmental or judicial authorities;
- To submit, provide or upload any text, images, video or other materials that are unlawful, harmful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable or that may invade another’s right of privacy or publicity or infringe any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- To falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or include intentional inaccuracies in Submitted Materials;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate HICo, a HICo employee, another user or any other person or entity;
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm HICo or users of the Website or expose them to liability;
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website;
- To engage in any activity which is malicious or technically harmful to the proper working of the Website;
- To collect or aggregate data about users of this Website;
- To reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Website except as expressly authorized herein;
- To violate or attempt to violate the security of the Website;
- To reverse engineer or decompile any portion of the Website;
- To use any robot, spider, crawler, or other mechanism to scrape, data mine, or gather content posted on the Website or any subdomains or any domains owned or operated by HICo by automated means or otherwise without authorization.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to compliance with any instructions posted in the Website’s root directory, HICo grants to the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials, but not caches or archives of such materials.
Unauthorized use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
Intellectual Property Rights
As used in these Terms, “Intellectual Property Rights” means, collectively, all rights with respect to trademarks, service marks, trade dress, logos, copyrights, rights of authorship; all applications, registrations, derivative works and renewals relating to the preceding items; all database rights, moral rights, inventions, rights of inventorship, rights of publicity and privacy, trade secrets, know-how, rights under unfair competition and unfair trade practices laws; and all other worldwide intellectual and industrial property rights related thereto.
HICo, entities submitting material, or other licensors own all Intellectual Property Rights inherent in or appurtenant to the Website, including any Submitted Materials or customized versions thereof; any and all other graphics, photographs, video, images, artwork, text, software and other technology comprising or available via the Website; and the contents, design, layout, functions and appearance of the Website. Without limitation of the foregoing, Submitted Materials are protected by United States Copyright Laws; and any use of the information contained therein, or any reproduction, publication, sale or distribution of any part of the Submitted Materials without the prior written consent of HICo, persons submitting the material or other licensors, constitutes a violation of federal laws, and may make you subject to prosecution and/or penalties.
All content and functionality on the Website, including any text, graphics, logos, icons, and images and the selection and arrangement thereof, is the exclusive property of HICo or our licensors and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with this copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
Except for material in the public domain under United States copyright law, all material contained on the Web site (including all software, HTML code, Java applets, Active X controls and other code) is protected by United States and foreign copyright laws. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these terms and conditions, you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, modify, rewrite, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any material contained on the Web site without the prior consent of the copyright owner.
None of the material contained on this Website may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, decompiled, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language, retransmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photo reproduction, recordation or otherwise), resold or redistributed without the prior written consent of HICo. Violation of this provision may result in civil and criminal penalties
Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
If you believe that the Site contains content that infringes on your copyright, please forward the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to 1901 Avenue of the Stars #395, Los Angeles, CA 90067.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The HICo name, the HICo logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are the registered and unregistered trademarks of HICo or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of HICo. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Additional User Information
The Submitted Materials are intended to indicate design intent and basic construction detailing. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained the proper professional assistance to provide standard construction details and practices, which will result in a structurally sound and weatherproof finished product. Any use of the Submitted Materials, and/or modifications of the Submitted Materials, by you, builders or others on your behalf, is done at your own risk.
- The Submitted Materials may not include any plumbing, heating or air conditioning drawings due to the wide variety of local codes and climatic conditions. We recommend that you have a local electrical engineer, mechanical engineer or builder provide such of these drawings as may be required for permits and construction.
- Any foundation plan and associated details included in the Submitted Materials are intended to serve as a basic guide for a typical foundation system. This typical foundation system may not be site- or location-specific. You acknowledge our recommendation that you have a local designer or licensed engineer review the Submitted Materials and provide a site-specific foundation design if found necessary.
- The Submitted Materials provide ideas and concepts and are not intended to be complete in all respects and details. Variations in standard sizes (e.g., of windows and doors), and brands, thicknesses, types and uses of different materials can change details. Varying local codes, ordinances, regulations, foundation requirements, and the layout of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems may also require changes of details.
- HICo requires best effort and good faith for Submitted Materials. However, you should normally anticipate that some changes and adjustments in the project will be required to correct possible errors and omissions in the Submitted Materials. Such changes are not indicative of, and should not be construed as, negligence on the part of HICo.
- Names of materials and manufacturers shown on the Submitted Materials do not represent an endorsement or recommendation by HICo. Final selections of materials are not the responsibility of HICo, including proper installation of materials, nailing, gluing, caulking, insulating, flashing, roofing, weatherproofing and many other small items and details not necessarily indicated on the Submitted Materials; and HICo has no control or responsibility with respect to such matters.
- The Submitted Materials may not have an architectural or engineering signature, seal and/or stamp. You agree to consult the local building official who can tell you if a review of the Submitted Materials by a licensed designer or engineer is required prior to submission of the Submitted Materials for a building permit. Because of the great differences in geography and climate in different areas, each state, county, and municipality has its own building codes, zoning requirements, ordinances, and/or building regulations. The Submitted Materials may need to be modified to comply with local requirements. In addition, you may need to obtain permits or inspections from local governments before and in the course of construction. Your right to use the Submitted Materials is conditioned on your agreement to, and you affirm that you shall: (i) consult a locally licensed designer or engineer of your choice prior to beginning construction, and (ii) strictly comply with all local building codes, zoning requirements, and other applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, and requirements.
- If applicable, you will consult a local building official or legal counsel with respect to any requirements necessary for the execution of your project using the Submitted Materials.
- Data entry and other errors inevitably may occur in the text and other details shown on this Website. HICo reserves the right to correct such errors as they are discovered.
- Some photographs that appear on the Website of houses that have been built may be based on modifications made to the Submitted Materials associated with photograph, and, in such case, those modifications are not incorporated into the Submitted Materials.
Access and Security
To access the Website or some of the resources it offers, or to make submissions to the Website, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Website that all the information you provide on the Website is correct, current and complete.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS HICO AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER HICO OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Third Party Links
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
User access to this Website is governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws. All information available on the Website is subject to U.S. export control laws and may also be subject to the laws of the country where you reside. HICo makes no representation that information or materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Website may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with these Terms. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations or submissions to the Website.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY SUBMITTED MATERIALS. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. HICO HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE, PRIOR TO USE OF ANY SUBMITTED MATERIALS, THAT SUCH SUBMITTED MATERIALS ARE ACCURATE, SUITABLE FOR YOUR PURPOSES AND COMPLIANT WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS.
The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL HICO, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY LINKED SITES, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR OTHER LINKED SITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF LIFE OR OTHER BODILY HARM, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Your use of any information or materials on this Website is entirely at your own risk, for which HICo shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any Submitted Materials, products, services or information available through this Website meet your specific requirements.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If a dispute arises out of or relates to this contract, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, the parties agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
No waiver of any obligation or right of either party will be effective unless in writing, executed by the party against whom it is being enforced.
- These Terms will be effective as of the date accepted by you.
- These Terms are for the benefit of HICo, and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities has the right to assert and enforce these Terms directly against you on their own behalf.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be construed to create, impose or give rise to any duty owed by HICo or its affiliates to any contractor, subcontractor, construction manager, supplier, or other person or entity (other than you, to the extent provided herein), or to any surety for or employee of any of them, or give any rights in or benefits under these Terms to such persons.
- HICo may assign these Terms at its discretion. You may not assign these Terms or any of your rights hereunder, nor delegate any of your obligations hereunder. These Terms are binding on the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- The headings in these Terms are for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing it.
- All references in the Terms to “including” shall be deemed to mean, “including, but not limited to.”
- All references in these Terms to “we,” “our” or variations thereof shall be deemed to refer to HICo.
- All references in these Terms to “you,” “your” or variations thereof shall be deemed to refer to the user, e.g., you individually, if you are entering into these Terms on an individual basis, and/or to the corporation, partnership or other organization or legal entity that you represent, if you are entering into these Terms on behalf of such organization or entity.
1901 Avenue of the Stars #395, Los Angeles, CA 90067.