The Nook Shelter
Molded from plastic using 95% recycled materials, the Nook is an inexpensive, comfortable, hygienic, and safe habitat.
Nearly Ready (Prior Use Cases)
1 resident / 1 shelter unit
$6,995 / resident
Long-Term/Permanent (15+ years)
|7 days offsite||25 days onsite|
Starting with a blank slate, ES4H chose a molded approach when developing THE NOOK. An inexpensive, comfortable, hygienic and safe “habitat”. This has been developed and brought to fruition specifically for the purpose of the humane journey back to normalcy.
How did ES4H accomplish this? One of the main challenges for a project such as this is capital machinery costs. Our solution is to utilize well-established manufacturing partners. Many have excess machine capacity and as an added benefit we can have multiple manufacturing partners running multiple machines all over the world, East and West. Currently we have a contract with our manufacturing partner that when their capacity is surpassed, they will add an additional machine. Our current production capacity is approximately 15 NOOKS per day, 3600 NOOKS per year. When another machine is added, the capacity to produce 7200 NOOKS per year is achievable. All Tooling for manufacturing for THE NOOK is owned by ES4H and is patent pending.
- Quoted Total Cost: $6,995
- Planned Occupancy (1 person/bed): 1 bed
- Estimated Cost Per Bed: $6,995
- Quote’s Total Interior Square Footage: 50 sqft
- Quote Includes # Units: 1 unit
- Used for Shelter Before: No
- Readiness: Nearly Ready (Prior Use Cases)
- In Stock / Ready to Ship Today: No
- Manufacturer Identified and Available: N/A
- Setup Speed: 33 days
- Setup Difficulty: Low skill (RV, tent)
- % Built Onsite: <10% – Arrives Ready, Almost All Built/Assembled Off-Site
- Portability: Semi-Mobile (detachable, minor disassembly)
- Intended Use of Shelter: Long Term/Permanent (15+ years)