Office of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
Set up to serve the City of Los Angeles’ 42nd Mayor, Mayor Eric Garcetti, the Mayor’s Office consists of seven offices focused on key priorities, including public safety, economic opportunity, economic development, budget and innovation, city services, international affairs, and homelessness. Each office oversees associated departments and interdepartmental initiatives, programs, and grants.
Some of Mayor Garcetti’s most successful initiatives around homelessness, housing, and community development are highlighted below:
- Mayor’s efforts in confronting the crisis: https://www.lamayor.org/Homelessness
- A Bridge Home – A plan to give homeless Angelenos in every neighborhood a refuge in the community (more information).
- Proposition HHH – Mayor Garcetti led the coalition to pass Proposition HHH, a $1.2 billion bond to more than triple L.A.’s annual production of supportive housing.
- Great Streets – To envision, collaborate on, and build transformative street infrastructure projects.
- The Mayor’s Office launched the LA ADU Accelerator Program to promote backyard home/granny flat/ADU development throughout the City: https://adu.lacity.org/
Mayor Garcetti’s first term began July 1, 2013 and he was reelected in 2017 with 81% of the primary vote. His second term ends December 31st, 2022 – 18 months longer than his first term due to a change in citywide election dates.